- Jimmy Needham - probably my favorite artist of all time. beautifully fun & soulful music with lyrics too deep for me to explain. He currently has 3 albums out and I highly recommend all of them. He's got two more coming out in January/February and they're going to be unbelievable.
- Not Without Love
- Nightlights
- Speak
- Matt Redman
- 10,000 Reasons (Live) - this is probably the single best worship album in CCM today. if you are going to get one album get this one!!!
- Brooke Fraser - she's on the very top of the list
- Albertine - buy this whole album. listen to it a lot. you'll probably have your heart broken. and that's a good thing
- Flags - I love the whole album, specifically "Who Are We Fooling?" "Orphans, Kingdoms," "Flags"
- What to Do with Daylight - "Arithmetic," "Indelible," "Better," "Scarlet"
- Hillsong - basically anything they have ever written, specifically
- God is Able - the whole album
- Aftermath - the whole album
- "Beautiful Exchange" & "Thank You" from A Beautiful Exchange
- It is Well with My Soul (Single)
- Addison Road - Addison Road - "Hope Now" & "What Do I Know of Holy"
- Anthony Evans - The Bridge - the whole thing is definitely worth getting
- Audrey Assad - The House You're Building - again, get the whole album
- Bethany Dillon
- Bethany Dillon - "Revolutionaries," "All I Need," "Exodus"
- Imagination - "All that I Can Do," "Vagabond"
- Casting Crowns - I need a moment just to comment on these guys. Casting Crowns was the group the Lord used to introduce me to contemporary christian music, & I am so thankful for it. everything they write is just full of truth. such a blessing to listen to.
- Passion - these guys are kind of a special situation. they are a bunch of artists who are all part of the sixstep records/passion family. they write most of the music for the passion conference every year, but also have their own albums. I absolutely love how these artists work together and have been able to "put words to what is in our hearts." I'm going to put all of them together here, starting with the passion albums themselves
- Awakening - the entire album
- Here for You - definitely get the whole album
- Charlie Hall - The Rising - "Constant," "King of Heaven," "Lamp"
- Chris Tomlin
- And If Our God is for Us - the whole album is incredible, especially "Faithful," "No Chains on Me," "All to Us," "I will Follow," "I Lift My Hands"
- Glory in the Highest - this is a Christmas Album of updated Christmas Hymns & it's great! (especially "Winter Snow" feat. Audrey Assad)
- Christy Nockels - the only things I have of hers is the things on the Passion albums, but she is an incredible singer & musician. She & her husband, Nathan, used to make up Watermark.
- Kristian Stanfill
- Mountains Move - "My Reward"
- David Crowder Band - these guys are very different from everything else on the CCM scene. my favorites include:
- Church Music - "Can I Lie Here," "Birmingham (We Are Safe)"
- A Collision or (3 + 4 = 7) - "Wholly Yours"
- Remedy - "Everything Glorious"
- Fee
- Hope Rising - "Glory to God," "We Crown You"
- We Shine - "Lift High"
- Francesca Battistelli - My Paper Heart - "I'm Letting Go" & "Time In Between"
- Glory Revealed - this is another collection of artists that came together and put music to some psalms. I think there are two albums now, and they are awesome.
- Gungor - Beautiful Things - "Beautiful Things," "Cannot Keep You," "Please Be My Strength" & "We Will Run"
- Jenny & Tyler - these guys are my new obsession. unique music (to me at least) and powerful lyrics. I don't have most of their stuff, but my favorites are "Faint Not" & "Love Through Me"
- Laura Story - Blessings (Single)
- Lecrae - even if you don't like rap, you need to listen to some Lecrae. he speaks unbelievable truth in an extremely simple and relatable way. my favorites:
- (rebel) - "Truth" & "The Bride"
- Rehab - "Just Like You," "God is Enough," "Boasting" & "Background"
- Leeland - again, not much by these guys, but they're solid
- Sound of Melodies - "Tears of the Saints" & "Carried to the Table"
- MercyMe - solid lyrics & talented musicians
- All that is Within Me - "Sanctified"
- The Generous Mr. Lovewell - this album is fantastic. it's all about what it would look like for the church to love the world (and one other like we should). all the songs are great. my favorites are - "The Generous Mr. Lovewell," "Crazy Enough," "All of Creation," "Only You Remain" & "Won't You Be My Love"
- Molley Moody - Molley is rather new on the CCM scene, and only has one album (that I know of). it is pretty unique - Close to You
- Relient K - these guys are so much fun. I have two favorites:
- "For the Moments I Feel Faint" from The Anatomy of the Tongue and Cheek
- "What Can I Do" from Freedom: Artists United for International Justice Mission - this album is really neat. a bunch of CCM artists got together and all recorded songs about God's passion for justice and our role in bringing justice to the world. definitely an album worth buying. all the money goest to fund IJM as it works to end slavery around the world
- Sean McConnell - interesting artist. I don't know enough about him to figure him out, but he has one song that just pierces my heart
- 200 Orange St - "Madly in Love with You"
- Stephen Curtis Chapman
- SEE - this album he wrote after his daughter died. so pure, raw, honest, & powerful
I praise the Lord He has given us music that can call our minds to Jesus. I pray this list helps to point you to the only one who is worthy of our praise! If you have any favorites that I didn't list, please let me know; I'm always looking for new music.
Grace & peace in the name of our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ!
Wow dude I haven't heard of almost all of these artists! lol.
ReplyDeleteGreat to see Christ Tomlin & Brooke Fraser made your list though, they're music is gorgeous! :)
their*
ReplyDelete